Some of the most important parts: Please don’t skip this!
Privacy and confidentiality
Given the very sensitive and personal nature of the Life Starters program, it is essential not only that We here at Life Starters respect the privacy of all our members, but also that each of our members respects the privacy of all other members, too. For that reason, We require the following commitments from you, and We make the following commitments to you.
Your commitment to the Life Starters community
- You agree to consider all information shared on the Website to be private and confidential, and you agree to not copy, repost, or share in any way, the postings of, or personal information about, other Life Starters members without their prior specific permission.
- You agree to treat all Life Starters members with respect and kindness, remembering that each of us is fighting a hard battle.
- You agree to be truthful in the information you share through the Website.
- You agree to not bully, intimidate, or harass any member or to otherwise treat a member in an intentionally demeaning or hurtful manner.
- You agree to not post content that constitutes hate speech or defamation, is threatening, infringes someone else’s privacy, is offensive, or is in any other way inappropriate for or harmful to the purpose of this Website and the Life Starters program.
- You therefore agree to use your own judgment regarding what information you choose to share via the Website.
Our commitment to you
We want you to understand how We will and will not use the information you provide through the Website. Please ask us if you have questions: [email protected]
- We use the information you give us for the purpose of providing better services to you, and We may use it to contact you directly regarding the Website and the Life Starters program.
- But We do not share your information or the content of anything you post or share on the Website with anyone else, other than is necessary to operate the Website!
- We give you certain options for controlling who can access the information you post to the Website, such as the ability to choose your Friends on the Website and to join (or not) Groups, and We respect the choices you make.
- If you ever decide to cancel your Life Starters membership and want us to delete your personal information and/or your postings, We will do that! Simply contact us at [email protected].
- Although no one can guarantee the security of information shared online, We follow industry standards in protecting your personal information.
- Website functions may include using cookies, which collect information to help us provide you with the best possible online experience. For more information about cookies, see www.ftc.gov/ftc/cookies.shtm.
What We are not
We are here to help, but we are not here to provide the services of a licensed therapist, counselor, social worker, or any other professional.
- You understand and agree that neither Second Firsts, Inc., nor any contributor to the Website or its services, specifically including but not limited to Christina Rasmussen, provides any professional service, counsel, or advice through the Website or otherwise through the Life Starters program.
- You agree that you will not consider any information you receive to constitute professional services or to create a professional (e.g., therapist/client) relationship.
Other Important Stuff
The care and feeding of your account
When you create an account to become a member of Life Starters, you agree to the following:
- All the information you provide in the course of creating your account and your Profile is truthful.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up to date.
- You are solely responsible for the activity that happens on or through your account.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access or use your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
Your other responsibilities when using the Website: Play nice!
To help us maintain the safe and trusting community that Life Starters needs to be, you agree to the following:
- You will not attempt to access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not use the Website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on the Website.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper functioning of the Website.
- You will not collect or harvest any information about other members.
Our other rights and responsibilities: We care!
Although We strive to maintain a safe and nurturing online environment, you understand and agree that We cannot control everything that happens on the Website, including the following:
- We do not control or direct the actions of Life Starters members on the Website and are not responsible for the content or information members transmit or share on the Website.
- We are not otherwise responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any member of the Website.
When you share information via the Website: Think first!
In addition to privacy, We respect your other rights, and We expect our members to respect the rights of each other as well as non-members. This section explains how we each do that.
- You grant to Second Firsts, Inc., a non-exclusive, perpetual license of all rights necessary to post any text, photographs, audiovisual works, or other content that you post or otherwise share via the Website, including the rights to reproduce, distribute to the public, and publicly perform or display what you post. Remember that We will respect the settings you choose to control who may access this information (see Privacy and Confidentiality, above).
- You understand and agree that We have full discretion to edit and/or remove your postings at any time, for any reason.
- You declare, represent, and warrant that you will post to the Website only content that you have the rights to post and that nothing you post infringes the rights of anyone else, including but not limited to copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
- We either own or license from others all rights to the content that We provide on the Website. You agree that you will not use any content from the Website in a way that infringes the rights of the owner. Among other things, this means that you should not re-use something another member posts unless you have their permission to do so.
Third party content: Use your critical thinking skills!
To strengthen the services We provide via the Website, We may link to websites and other resources that belong to others. In addition, members may provide links in their postings to sites over which they have no control. In using such resources, you understand and agree to the following:
- We have no control over such sites, their content, or their activities, and We cannot be responsible for your experience on these sites.
- We cannot and do not claim to vouch for the truth, accuracy, or quality of the websites to which We link.
- We cannot and do not claim to vouch for the truth, accuracy, or quality of the information our members post.
- Neither our links to other sites or to content outside of the Website, nor information posted on the Website by Life Starter members, constitutes an endorsement of any kind from us.
Suspension and termination: We hate to do it, so please don’t misbehave!
Disclaimers and Warranties: We try, but we’re not perfect!
We use a commercially reasonable level of skill and care in providing the Website and its functions, and We hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that We cannot promise, and We need you to respect that.
You understand and agree that your use of the Website, including the information you provide and post via the Website, is at your own risk, and that information and services provided through the Website are on an “as-is” basis.
- We do not make any specific promises or warranties, either implied or express, about the Website or the information or services offered through it. For example, We make no commitments about the content, functionality, reliability, or availability of the Website, or its ability to meet your needs.
- To the extent permitted by law, We exclude all warranties.
- You agree to not hold Second Firsts, Inc. responsible or liable for timeliness of or deletion of information, failure to store information, inaccuracy of information, or improper delivery of information on or through the Website.
- You understand and agree that, where permitted by law, We will not be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages, including but not limited to damages for any loss resulting from the use of the Website or the inability to use it; unauthorized access to or alteration of information you provide via the Website; conduct of or statements made by any third party, including other members; and any other matter relating to or associated with the Website.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act notice: If your copyright has been infringed on the Website
If you think that your copyrights have been infringed on the Website and want to submit a DMCA take-down notice, please contact Christina Rasmussen at [email protected]
We abide by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of our response, We may remove or disable access to material residing on a site that is claimed to be infringing, in which case We will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that they may make a counter notification, also in accordance with the DMCA. For more information about the DMCA and this “take-down” process, see the U.S. Copyright Office summary.
Learn more about U.S. copyright law at here.
The fine print
How to contact us
649 Sky Ranch Ct
Lafayette, CA 94549
© 2017 The Life Starters